Kites YR - Mrs Morrissey and Mrs Sheldrick
Welcome to Kites Class - 2021/2022
Welcome to Kites Class - Reception
Class Teachers: Mrs Morrissey and Mrs Sheldrick
LSA: Mrs Lambert
Tuesday 26 April 2022
Today we said goodbye to our butterflies!
Home Learning 18th February 2022
Today you will be learning from home while the wind blows outside. There are lots of fun activities you can do to practise your phonics and maths. If you are able to go online, there are some great games to play on Phonics Play and Top Marks. If not then you might try some of these ideas:
- work through a couple of pages of your phonics booklet that you brought home in your bag yesterday
- can you draw a jungle animal and label it using your phonics? (ears, teeth, tail, back, neck, legs)
- go round your house with some sticky labels/post its and see if you can write the first sound of 10 objects
- read your book from school
- can you make a number line? Draw a line and write on the numbers from 0 to 10
- count how many steps it takes you to walk from your bedroom to your kitchen, then count the steps from your kitchen to your bathroom. Which number is bigger?
- have a look at the socks in your drawer. Can you sort them into colour groups? How many in each group? Can you sort them by length?
- line up some of your teddies or toys. Can you sort them by height? How many can you manage to include in your line?
In class we were looking at the different activities the zoo vet got up to on each day of the week. Ask a grown up to write out the days of the week on a piece of paper and then draw a picture or write what you like to do on each of the days.
If you can, take some photos and upload them to Tapestry. We'd love to see what you can do.
Have a lovely half term holiday and stay safe!
Mrs Morrissey and
Thank you to all the parents that joined our Zoom Phonics / Reading workshop on 19th January. We have set up links to the slides and resources below.
Phonics / Reading Kites (EYFS) Parents Workshop
Phonics Phase 2 Sounds
Phonics Phase 3 Sounds
Here are some video montages of the ways we are learning to recognise numbers and quantities.
Kites Book of One
Kites Book of Two
Kites Book of Three